How to choose a diamond?
With so many specificities, choosing a diamond can be a difficult task, especially when a jewelry store likeMANAL PARIS offers you the possibility of choosing the quality of diamond you want. To help you in this step we have prepared a guide for you to know everything about diamonds.
Our step-by-step guide: how to choose a diamond?
You have probably heard of the 4Cs? We go even further at MANAL PARIS to guarantee you the best quality of diamonds in Paris. Follow the leader :
1. The shape or size of the diamond - “Cut” 4C
The simplest step is to choose the shape or size of diamond you like. Generally we all have a preference for one form or another. To help you choose, here are the main shapes that a cut diamond can take:
- The round diamond or brilliant cut diamond
- Princess cut diamond
- The emerald cut diamond
- The oval cut diamond
- The Marquise cut diamond
- The pear-shaped diamond
- The Asscher cut diamond
- The radiant cut diamond
- The heart-cut diamond
- The cushion-cut diamond
- The baguette cut diamond
Please note that all MANAL PARIS models can be available with a diamond. So if you like one of our models and would like to have it mounted with a diamond, don't hesitate to let us know to create your custom creation.
2. The carat, measurement of the weight of the diamond - “Carat” 4C
The carat is the unit of measurement for the weight of the diamond. 1 carat is equal to 0.2 grams. Obviously, the heavier the diamond, the more expensive it is. So it's obviously more a question of budget. And we have thought of all budgets at MANAL PARIS because we offer engagement rings from 0.2 carats from €1,690 to more if you like.
3. The color of the diamond (from D to Z) - “Color” 4C
Once you have chosen the size of your diamond and the weight of it after perhaps already a first concession, you will now have to choose the color of the diamond which is measured from the letters D to Z.
Once again the rule is simple, the more white a diamond is, that is to say without color, the more expensive it will be (letter D). And the more colorful it is, that is to say yellow, the less expensive it will be (letter Z).
At MANAL PARIS we only use diamonds ranging from D to H, i.e. white.
Note that colored diamonds called "fancy diamonds" are not classified by the GIA on this scale.
4. Diamond purity - “Clarity” 4C
Purity evaluates the imperfections of the diamond which are inclusions more or less visible to the naked eye and more or less well placed.
- FL (Flawless): no fault
- IF (Internally and externally Flawless): No internal defects visible under a 10x magnifying glass
- VVS1 & VVS2 (Very, Very Slightly Included): Tiny inclusions barely perceptible under a magnifying glass at 10x magnification
- VS1 & VS2 (Very Slightly Included): Very small inclusions detectable under a magnifying glass with a magnification times 10
- SI1 & SI2 (Slightly Included): Small inclusions visible under a magnifying glass with magnification times 10
- I1 & I2 (Inclusions): inclusions easily visible to the naked eye
5. Ethical diamonds, a necessity at MANAL PARIS
At MANAL PARIS we go even further than the 4Cs because we make eco-responsibility a priority at each stage of manufacturing.
We only use natural diamonds and we only work with suppliers certified Responsible Jewellry Council (RJC) in order to guarantee traceability of the stones according to the Kimberley Process which ensures the ethical origin of the stones and the way in which they were extracted mines. In addition, our ethical diamonds are certified by the prestigious GIA or HRD laboratories to guarantee their quality (4C).
Do you have a custom diamond creation project?
Do not hesitate to contact Manal , the designer, so that she can support you in the creation of your jewelry and in sourcing the most beautiful diamonds while adapting to your budget.